Founder and CEO of Kabbee, London’s leading licensed minicab app, has today submitted an open-letter to Leon Daniels, TfL’s Managing Director of Surface Transport regarding the 20mph restriction. The letter is urging him to consider removing the 20mph restriction after 8pm, to keep traffic moving at times when many pedestrians become passengers.
To support the interests of the app’s 500K users, and its 6,000 cars across 60 plus fleets that serve them, Justin Peters, Founder and CEO of Kabbee wrote in an open letter to Leon Daniels, TfL’s Managing Director of Surface Transport, in reponse to news of eight more 20mph zones being introduced in London:
‘At Kabbee, we liaise closely with more than 60 of London’s best licensed minicab fleets on a regular basis, and therefore understand their requirements to move around the city and provide an effective service to London’s passengers.
‘The reasons behind the new safety measures is clear, and passenger and pedestrian safety is paramount to all professional drivers in London - we work closely with all fleets on our platform to ensure that safety measures are prioritised at all times. However, to impose the new 20mph speed restrictions 24 hours a day, will negatively impact the flow of traffic, unnecessarily.’
‘During high pedestrian footfall periods (from 7am until 8pm) the 20mph speed restriction is sensible, however after 8pm at night, when more pedestrians become passengers, our recommendation is that the speed limit should return to 30mph to promote a better flow of traffic and keep the city moving.’
Justin Peters comments on the introduction of eight new 20mph zones in the city:
“Kabbee is designed to ‘Make Minicabs Mighty’, in order to help Londoners move around the city – this request is part of our mission. A safe environment for all road users is number one on our list of priorities, and second to that is a good flow of traffic to keep London moving.
“We think our request to return to the 30mph zone between 8pm and 7am is sensible, and helps to promote a safer environment during the busier daytime period, and improved traffic flow in the evening when a large percentage of pedestrians choose to become passengers.”
The full open letter has been featured on Kabbee’s blog here.
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 60 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee has recently launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ Loyalty Programme, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and some great brands such as LateRooms.com, Naked Wines, Pact Coffee, Hubbub, Housekeep, LOVESPACE, Bloom & Wild and La Gourmandina. The app’s top users are entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users earn one mile for every £1 they spend, and earn more miles for referring friends to Kabbee, booking an executive cab or travelling to/from the airport.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee’s CEO was awarded Bronze for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.