London’s award-wining minicab booking and comparison app Kabbee, will offer its users the ability to pay with Apple Pay, which is transforming mobile payments with an easy, secure and private way to pay, when the system launches in the UK next month.
The integration of Apple Pay makes it even easier for users to book journeys using the Kabbee app, allowing them to book a cab in just a few taps. It will improve the experience for Kabbee’s existing users, but also make it quick and convenient for new users to book and pay for a cab on-demand.
Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay. When you add a credit or debit card to Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on your device. Each transaction is authorised with a one-time unique dynamic security code, instead of using the security code from the back of your card.
Kabbee is offering Apple Pay within its app, available on the App Store. Users must simply use their fingerprint and with the power of TouchID, it will authenticate purchases in the Apple Store and certain apps. When paying for goods and services within apps, Apple Pay is compatible with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3.
Alex Kershaw, Product Director of Kabbee said: “We’re excited to be one of the first travel apps to support Apple Pay in the UK. We are always looking for new ways to speed up the booking and payment process on the app, to continue to meet the demands of busy Londoners. By integrating Apple Pay, we will provide our users with a quick and more secure payment process, enhancing the overall experience on the app. Kabbee is committed to being an industry leader in technology and innovation, with its recent product launches including its loyalty programme, Kabbee Treats.”
Apple Pay is easy to set up and users will continue to receive all of the rewards and beneﬁts offered by credit and debit cards.
For more information on Apple Pay, visit: www.apple.com/uk/apple-pay/
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 60 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- *Kabbee has recently launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ Loyalty Programme, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and some great brands such as LateRooms.com, Naked Wines, Pact Coffee, Hubbub, Housekeep, LOVESPACE, Bloom & Wild and La Gourmandina. The app’s top users are entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users earn one mile for every £1 they spend, and earn more miles for referring friends to Kabbee, booking an executive cab or travelling to/from the airport.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.